1. Check for leaks. A leaky faucet can waste up to 3 gallons of water per day. That’s over 1,000 gallons of water per year!
2. Don’t let the water run. When you’re brushing your teeth or washing your hands, turn the water off when you’re not using it.
3. Fix that leaky toilet. A leaky toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water per day. That’s over 70,000 gallons of water per year!
4. Take shorter showers. A 10-minute shower uses about 25 gallons of water. A 5-minute shower uses about 10 gallons of water.
5. Install water-saving devices. Low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators can save you a lot of water (and money) over time.
Water is one of our most precious resources, so it’s important to use it wisely. By following these simple tips, you can save water – and money – every day.
Do your part to save water, and our planet will thank you for it!