If you're in a hurry and need to cook rice quickly, the microwave is a great option. Just follow these simple steps and you'll have perfectly cooked rice in no time.
1. Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer to remove any dirt or debris.
2. Add the rinsed rice and water to a microwave-safe bowl in a 1:2 ratio. So, for every 1 cup of rice, you'll add 2 cups of water.
3. Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe lid or plate and cook on high for 5 minutes.
4. Reduce the power to 50% and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
5. Let the rice sit for a few minutes to absorb any remaining water. Then, fluff with a fork and serve.